Mindful Assessment: The 6 Essential Fluencies of Innovative Learning
It is time to rethink the relationship between teaching and learning and assess the crucial skills students need to succeed in the 21st century. The authors assert that educators must focus assessment on mindfulness and feedback for improvement, framing assessment around six fluencies students need to cultivate. The book provides scenarios, lessons, activities, and assessment rubrics.
- Discover the essential fluencies and skills students need for success in the 21st century.
- Examine different kinds of assessments and their focuses, strengths, and weaknesses.
- Gain assessment rubrics for evaluating students skills in the fluencies.
- Access sample lessons and projects that support the fluencies.
- Employ the resources and tools provided to help students develop the fluencies they'll need to succeed in the 21st century.
“The authors have provided a much-needed guidebook for assessing some of the most important fluencies that lead to deeper learning.”
James A. Bellanca, President, Illinois Consortium for 21st Century Schools
“Crockett and Churches break down the four walls of the traditional schoolhouse and open up the world to teacher and student by creating global citizens. The project ideas contained throughout the book would make the cost worth it alone but add to that the comprehensive rubrics the authors include and the ways to create critical thinkers. They show step by step how to create lifelong learners.”
Todd Stanley, Gifted Services Coordinator, Pickerington Local Schools
“How does a teacher utilize the assessment of 21st-century fluencies to implement a learning environment conducive to preparing students for this new global society? This book is filled with exemplars of how to do it.”